My sister and I went crazy shopping for maternity clothes this past weekend- I don’t think I’m truly showing yet, but I do feel and look kind of bloated and pudgy… so I figure why not start to embrace maternity clothes and be more comfortable? I had ordered a few things online and of course they did not fit at all once they arrived and I actually tried them on. It seems the problem with maternity clothes is either: they are sized extremely big (as in I’m swimming in a size small) or they are cut like tents meant to cover up and are not flattering whatsoever. So, I set out on a mission to find some more flattering items and not necessarily in the maternity section. Luckily many popular styles these days are loose and flowy- so I ended up finding a few shirts, a pair of khaki pants, and a skirt that all fit well and could grow with me over the next few months. And most importantly, they fit and were semi flattering! Problem solved.
Eric starts his new job today. We left the house this morning at about the same time, but unfortunately I don’t think we’ll be able to carpool, since Martinez is out of the way en route to Oakland. We’re still not sure what his schedule will be like, although he’s been told that he will be working some weekends (which I’m bummed about… I’m very used to having our nice weekends together). We’re hoping that he’ll be able to catch on quickly during his training and that he’ll maybe even enjoy his new position.
Last week, Eric’s mom informed him of a position here at the hospital that was opening. It was for a safety coordinator- and it appeared to be something that Eric was well qualified for. So, Eric’s mom talked to the person hiring for the position and Eric turned in his resume and applied. I would be just thrilled if we could work at the same place- just like old times at Long’s! But the real perk of this position is its regular hours of 8-5 Monday through Friday and its starting salary- which would be such a blessing with our baby on the way. So we’ll just have to wait and see. We know we’ll be led where the Lord wants us to be.
I read in our pregnancy book a while ago that I should be able to feel the baby moving soon, maybe even this week. Exciting! Sometimes I don’t even feel pregnant at all- I know that there is a living, breathing baby steadily growing inside, but it just doesn’t feel tangible at times. I have ultrasound pictures (from almost 2 months ago now!) and I’ve heard the heartbeat, but it still doesn’t feel real for some reason. It’s a strange feeling. I think that’s why I’m really looking forward to finding out whether we’re having a boy or a girl- that little tidbit of information will maybe help me start to visualize and make this process feel more real.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how we’re never really ready to become parents- the timing is never right, the circumstances may not be perfect- but I know we’ll make do. I’ve felt this way before, like when I’ve started a new job or attended a new school. I’m always really anxious, but then everything not only has a way of working out, but working out great and seeming so perfect. I know the Lord has our best interests at heart and would not lead us down the wrong path. I think it’s finding that balance point in giving up control and having faith that the Lord with prevail. Hopefully we’re working toward that goal in living faithfully and trusting in God’s will for us. My other big goal for us once baby arrives is to really humble ourselves. I want to focus on what’s important to us- one another, our families, our friends- and really pare down our needs so that our time is our focus. In the end, that is all that matters, everything else is just details.
No comments:
Post a Comment