Friday, November 26, 2010

Baby's 1st Thanksgiving

To celebrate Thanksgiving this year, my amazing sister decided to come over and prepare dinner for us, which was so nice! I was feeling okay, but still just a week or so post-partum, both Eric and I were really tired. The last thing we were prepared to do was pack up the baby and try to go to our families' houses, as we typically do. Plus, it worked out so that Eric actually had the day off- since his two weeks off after her birth extended through the holiday.

Elaine brought over a tiny turkey and roasted it in our oven while she prepared the rest of the fixings- stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and cranberry sauce. While we waited for the bird, we had fun playing with Natalie and dressing her in her cute little Thanksgiving bib and a headband to match. Once dinner was ready, I set the table and we tried to place Natalie in her swing right beside us while we ate, but it didn't last long! I ended up feeding her on my boppy pillow over dinner. At least she was happy and quiet, giving me a chance to eat! Dinner was delicious- Elaine is a fabulous cook!




Elaine also brought individual slices of pie for dessert- pumpkin for me and pecan for her. Since Andrew and Eric aren't terribly fond of pie, she brought them their own pints of Ben & Jerry's instead. After a long day, Natalie and I both turned in a little early for bed after our company left (and even washed and dried all the dishes for us)! My sister is so great. I don't know what I'd do without her! It was so nice to celebrate the holiday quietly while in the comfort of our own home. We decided that I'll return the favor to Elaine come April, when she'll have a newborn of her own and I'll be cooking Easter dinner for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment