Thursday, December 9, 2010

Family Photo Shoot


We went to JCPenney yesterday to take newborn portraits of Natalie and to take our first official photo shoot as a new family of three! I had made an appointment with the store in Pleasanton, after hearing some positive reviews about the studio. And luckily our photographer, Jennifer, was great- I was relieved to hear that she has a baby of her own and lots of experience with newborns.

I was really anxious how Natalie was going to react. Lucky for us, she was in a decent mood, so we quickly put her little flower headband on and started shooting as soon as we arrived. Since I wanted some "Anne Geddes" style photographs, she was in her birthday suit and of course she peed on Eric twice! We kind of expected that though. She was a little tricky to pose at times, since she was constantly squirming (as always), but she wasn't crying. She let us pose her for about ten minutes or so before she started fussing.

We took a quick break to feed Natalie before we resumed taking some family portraits. Again, I was really surprised at how cooperative she was! She gave us another five or ten minutes before we knew that she had had enough. Then we previewed the shots in the lobby with another staff member and decided to take the whole CD of pictures home with us. It wasn't cheap, but I was just too overwhelmed to select how many prints and what sizes of all the different poses we liked. And I'm sure glad we did! Here's a few of our favorites. I'm so glad we took the time out of our crazy first couple weeks with Natalie to get these done. I know we'll cherish them forever :)




No comments:

Post a Comment