Monday, April 5, 2010

8 Weeks

We told most of our family members about the existence of our little “bean” over the weekend. Eric’s grandma Palshis (his mom’s mom) is visiting this week for her birthday, so we figured that now would be a good time to make an announcement while she’s here with us. We had to scramble to come up with a good way to tell at least his mom, so while I was at Barnes & Noble picking out a few things, I came across two scrapbook-type books that asks what life was like for Grandma/Grandpa as a child, what their favorite things are, what baby's family heritage is, and so on. So we wrapped those up and gave one each to Eric’s mom and Grandma at the same time. They seemed excited to learn the news. Eric’s grandma even hopped a little when she learned she would soon be a great-grandma. So that was nice. We plan to give one to my dad this upcoming week and also send one off to Eric's dad in Texas.

The rest of the family found out during Easter brunch at grandma and grandpa Fleming’s house- and again, everyone seemed genuinely happy for us. Elaine already knew, but I did put together a little Easter basket of her favorite things with a little card that said, “Some-bunny I know is going to be an Auntie!” Apparently she’s already gone out and bought stuff for my baby shower!! She’s so funny.

So I still feel terrible in the mornings, but not every morning, which is a nice change of pace. Luckily I was feeling well on Easter, but today, not so much- I threw up in the car this morning and still feel a little queasy. Hopefully what everyone has told me so far will be true- that come 12 weeks, I’ll start to feel better again.

We have another doctor’s appointment coming up this week- our 10 week appointment. I was a little irritated that we couldn’t schedule it on one of our Fridays off together, as we’ve done before. But, Eric is going to be able to leave work for a little bit to come join me this Thursday for the ultrasound at least. So that will be nice.

We’re still stressed about our situation with Eric losing his job… we have an appointment this week to talk to our realtors about getting the house on the market. I’m just a little worried that for some reason, the house won’t be worth what we need it to be worth to sell it. I’m trying to be a little more optimistic, but we’ll just have to wait it out and see how things go. Things will work out somehow, we just have to figure out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment