I’ll omit the portion of this tale where we drove around for what seemed to be forever, trying to find the stupid Antioch Kaiser branch in the middle of nowhere. We finally made it to the ER and I couldn’t even walk myself through the front door. They immediately admitted me into a holding room of some sort and one of the nurses tried to coach my breathing down, since I was hysterical.
The pain was still unbearable, but breathing slowly made it just a little easier to live through. After waiting for the nurse to check my vitals and waiting for a room to become available, the doctor decided that I was dehydrated and hooked me up to an IV. They offered me some pain medication for my stomach cramping, but I was hesitant to take anything. Luckily the cramping died down to tolerable, they did a quick ultrasound and baby seemed happy and fine, and after a few hours, we were all sent home- with no answer as to why I was experiencing such horrible cramps in the first place. Elaine thought it was stress, which could have very well been true. Or it could have just been the dehydration, which can be dangerous during pregnancy. Who knows.
I’m so glad that Eric and Elaine were there to help me and I’m extremely grateful that it wasn’t anything worse… we were a little scared for a moment there. The next day, I had a follow-up ultrasound at my doctor's office to ensure that everything was fine. Unfortunately the ultrasound quality wasn't great, but seeing baby moving around and hearing the heartbeat once again was so reassuring!
On the home front, we’re pretty much decided that the house needs to be sold. After meeting with our realtors and explaining our situation, they seemed confident that they could sell the house quickly without a problem. So, we’re trying to wrap up the house projects we’re dealing with currently, like the drywall that needs to be redone in the kitchen and pantry, so we can get the process started.We’re not looking forward to the weeks and months ahead of dealing with a house on the market (again)… we’re praying that it will be a smooth a painless process so we can move on and start over with clearer minds and less stress. That’s what our little bean deserves.
No comments:
Post a Comment