May already! Hard to believe. Weekdays aside, this past weekend went really well- I can honestly say that I’ve felt most like myself, just slightly more tired. During the week, I had to drive myself to work early in the morning (Eric and I were used to carpooling together) so I didn’t get my usual half hour or 45 minutes of rest while Eric drives. The early mornings have not been treating me well. But luckily I start to feel better come noon time on most days.
Over the weekend, I actually had the energy to wash both of our cars (with Eric’s help), take a nice walk around town, and do a little bit of grocery shopping and such without feeling exhausted five minutes into the store. I also made it to Old Navy, since they were having a sale and we had some leftover gift cards from Christmas. I bought myself a new outfit that can grow with me- a white linen skirt and a few comfortable, loose tops. Although my clothes still fit fine, I’m feeling rather pudgy these days. So, I’ve been steering clear of my many form fitting tops and opting for more comfortable “flowy” type shirts that don’t extenuate my plumper than usual tummy.
According to the book Eric and I read every week or so, baby is now the size of a peach. I’ve been referring to him/her as the fruit or item that the book says it resembles in size for the week, so right now, our peach is about 3 inches long and doing quite well!
Eric’s last day at his current job is this Thursday. He’s been applying to quite a few jobs this past week, two of which are with the county, just in different departments. It would be wonderful if he could transfer his benefits and retirement to another department within the county- it would make for a really nice transition. But I’m certainly not counting on it. I hope he’s able to find something relatively quickly, so that we’re not spread too thin on just my income. And not that we can be too picky, but I’m really hoping that Eric doesn’t have to go back to working retail- the weekend work and the late nights are just no fun. I’ve really been spoiled with our weekends and weeknights together- I’d sure miss them if our schedules changed!
Many people have asked us the following question- If Eric found a good job soon, would we still proceed with our plans to sell the house? Our answer is a definite yes, for many reasons. First, even if Eric has a stable job that pays decently, I still have to take a few months off for maternity leave, which will be unpaid. Second, if we’re able to downsize our lifestyle, we may be able to avoid childcare altogether, which is a huge priority for us and was our original plan before our job situation changed. We believe that family and our time is most important, over all else like having a nice house and whatnot, so we want to be sure that we can be at home as much as possible once baby arrives. Plus, we’ve realized that we’re just too far from our friends and family. So, taken together, we’re still going to put the place on the market in about a month. I’ve even been trying to stage the house already, so hopefully it will show well and sell quickly- we’re going to feel so relieved once this burden is behind us.
No comments:
Post a Comment