Our 14-week check-up was on Thursday, the 13th. It was a basic appointment- they took my blood pressure and weight (I’ve lost almost 10 pounds!) and checked us into an exam room to wait for my doctor. Unfortunately we didn’t get to have an ultrasound this time around, but we did get to hear the baby’s heartbeat. My doctor told us it was a healthy 160 beats per minute. At one point, she had the doppler device positioned perfectly so we could hear my heartbeat slowly thumping in the background and baby’s fast, loud heartbeat at the same time. That was really neat to hear- it made the process seem a little more real.
For Elaine’s birthday this year, I planned our spa day trip for just the two of us at this lovely resort in Napa. Then when we got back, we had dinner with Andrew, Eric, and our Dad and Sally at her favorite Japanese restaurant.
On Saturday, JoEllen, Patrick, and Britty drove out to us and we had breakfast together in the morning, which was really nice. We sat and chatted for a while, discussed baby names, and later decided to visit a family friend who owns a jewelry shop downtown. Afterward, we went shopping for some work clothes for Eric. He was offered a job at the county hospital working as an “experienced clerk.” He expects to do some basic registration-type paperwork in addition to some dispatch work and whatever else needs to be done. The most important detail is that the position is full-time and benefitted- thank goodness! He’ll be learning more about the benefits package and whether his vacation time with the fire department will transfer over to his new position once he passes the medical clearance. We’re very thankful for some serious prayers answered- now I’m just hoping that this position will be a good fit for him and a good fit for our little family.
I also had some time to add a few things to our baby registry and order some more maternity clothes- I’m feeling like my wardrobe of flowy-type tops and loose bottoms is starting to ware thin! So I ordered a few pairs of pants to wear to work, a pair of bermuda shorts to wear during the hot weather, and a few shirts. Our baby registry now includes a stroller and car seat, which I’ve been researching for the past few weeks. Next up for researching- cloth diapers! There are so many to choose from… but we’ve decided that they make so much more sense, in terms of health and cost, as opposed to traditional disposable diapers. Should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment