Tuesday, July 20, 2010

23 Weeks

It’s been very busy at work lately- our annual Asthma Camp is coming up soon and I’ll be attending this year as an “Assistant Director/Art Assistant.” This past week, supplies needed to be ordered, meetings needed to be scheduled, catering needed to be booked, and loads of paperwork needed to be completed. Plus, our first staff meeting was this past Friday, which I was partly in charge of planning. Luckily a few of my coworkers volunteered to help me shop and pick up our catering orders which I was very thankful for- I wasn’t about to carry a huge box full of 80 heavy burritos to my car, which was parked a few blocks away!

Since Andrew has started taking classes on Saturdays, Elaine and I decided to get together to go shopping. I still had to buy Eric’s birthday gift and she wanted to look around for a dress to wear to a wedding next month. Luckily I found just what I was looking for- a nice Sharks jersey- after looking for it at a few different stores. Then we stopped by the party store to pick up some more supplies for Eric’s big birthday party next weekend. I found this great chili pepper piñata and Elaine and I had fun stuffing it full with silly toys, candies, and a few dollar bills. We also made some favor bags with cute little logos for people to stash their piñata goodies. We have a bunch of fun things planned and nearly everyone that I’ve invited is coming out to celebrate, which will be great! Hopefully Eric will have a good time!

While Eric was at work on Sunday, I spent the day cleaning in preparation for Eric’s dad, stepmom, and stepsister to come stay with us this weekend. I also had to wrap Eric’s birthday gifts, buy a few new things for the guest bathroom (towels and such), do some laundry, and bake a big pan of brownies. I cut the brownies I baked into a “3” and a “0” and arranged it nicely on one of our platters with some candles (since he doesn’t really like cake). To celebrate Eric’s actual birthday that day, I took him to dinner at Texas Roadhouse after he got home from work. I found one of these restaurants- which I thought were only in Texas and the South- existed in Tracy, so I made a reservation for us. It was super crowded and kind of loud, since it opened just recently, but it was good. It was nice to celebrate just between us and I had fun singing to him and eating brownies and mint-chip ice-cream for dessert.



I stayed home from work yesterday. After a terrible night’s sleep and a nasty tummy ache in the morning, I decided to stay in for the day and take it easy, which was just what I needed I think. Luckily I’ve still been sleeping well, although it’s a challenge to make sure that I don’t end up sleeping on my tummy. So it’s rare still that I don’t sleep well and if it does ever happen, I’m not in a very cheery mood. It was nice to stay home and get some good sleep in while I know I can.

Now that we’re about 6 months along, I’m starting to feel like I really look pregnant! Everyone keeps commenting that I’m really small, but I know for sure that she’s in there! And I’m excited to finally say that Eric felt a good kick for the first time just yesterday. Baby seems to like to move around most in the evening after dinner. And after he had his hand on my tummy for about ten minutes or so, she finally gave him a nice little nudge!

No comments:

Post a Comment