After we ate, I opened a few gifts. I received two gift baskets full of pumping supplies, toys, bibs, bath supplies, and some cute clothes. Everyone was so generous! It was really nice to take some time out of the day to celebrate a little. And it was heartwarming to know that so many people I work with do care.
We both had Friday off and I had plans to head up to Fairfield with our friend Christina to buy some cloth diapers. I met up with her in the morning and we drove up to her friend’s store- a cute little place with a tiny sample room and a big warehouse full of supplies. I picked out about 12 diapers, a bunch of wipes, a wet-bag for the wipes, and a pail liner. Heather, the lady who runs the store, was kind enough to give me a nice discount on the diapers and informed us that BumGenius will soon offer prints and new colors! So I’ll definitely need to go back at some point to load up on more, but I want to wait until the new choices are available.
Then on Friday night, we made a trip to the baby store to exchange our changing table for a dresser since we had a few 20% off coupons to use (we had second thoughts on the changing table, since it has such limited use and we really needed a dresser!). While we were there, we also ordered a nice recliner. Lucky for us, the exchange, our coupons, and all the giftcards we’ve received so far covered nearly all of the cost! The chair we ordered is a nice piece of furniture that isn’t a glider and definitely doesn’t look like a chair that only goes in the nursery. Instead, it’s a nice cream colored comfy chair
that should be a nice addition to our living room (and a great place to nurse and rest with baby).
Eric worked three shifts over the weekend- two days and one graveyard, which left him exhausted. While he was working, I tried to keep busy by cleaning up the house, sewing, and getting some shopping done. Cleaning three bathrooms regularly is such a pain- I miss just having one to keep clean! I also sorted through all of Natalie’s clothes and tried to organize all of her things into her “storeroom” as I call it, since I don’t think we’ll be there long enough for it to be her bedroom. But that made me a little sad, since I’m not busy picking out colors to paint the walls and decorations to fill the space. I wish I could do so, but it just isn’t worth the time if we’ll be leaving soon. I hate not having that “settled” feeling. I sure hope to feel that way soon…
Luckily I’ve been feeling quite good lately. My feet have been aching a lot and my back is stiff most of the time, but other than that, I really can’t complain. I try to take it easy and put my feet up as much as possible, which seems to help. Baby Natalie still gets the hiccups daily, if not more than once daily, and she squirms around in her little space regularly. I feel like I’m a lot larger now, although everyone always comments on how “tiny” I am. I have an appointment coming up this week and I’m hopeful that my doctor will be able to tell what position she’s in this time around!
We’ve also been busy gathering quotes for the backyard- we’ve had a few landscapers stop by the house to show them our plan for a patio and a nice grassy area. So far, we’ve had a few contenders that have come in very close in cost estimates. We hope to select one of them this week and get the project started very soon! I really think that having something other than dirt in our yard will make a big difference when it comes to renting out the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment