I finally got around to painting Natalie's bedroom over the weekend. The condo we're in currently is very nice, just like our old place, but obviously the previous tenant did not take care of it as well as they could have. The walls are horribly scraped and patched all over the place, which really bugs me. And the worst room by far was Natalie's room, so I figured it should be the first to be painted. Of course a little bit of touch-up work doesn't fix the problem since stupid Kelly Moore doesn't "make" this particular color anymore, so the best I could do was have it color matched, but it still isn't quite right. So painting the entire room was really the only option. Natalie fussed with Eric while I painted, so I had to take a few breaks in-between walls. She did not want to take a bottle from Eric at all and we ended up wasting almost five ounces of breastmilk! We're going to have to work on that- I'm thinking we should offer her a bottle at least once a week from here on out so she can get used to it. Anyway, her room now looks so much better! Hopefully I'll be able to paint the rest of the rooms at some point. I also made a quick little door hanging for her room- I painted letters to spell out her name and decorated it with some sea-theme foam stickers. This was a lot easier to do than paiting her room, since I nursed her while I painted at the kitchen table!
Eric tried out the pack carrier one day this week. We walked down to park one afternoon and she quickly fell right asleep with daddy. It's been nice to be able to go outside a little more now that it's less rainy and cold. We even took her over to Terry's house for a little superbowl party and it was warm enough to dress her in just a onsie! I just love her chunky little legs and arms- they're just starting to get that classic baby chub, which is just so adorable! You can see it here in her bath time picture- I was able to snap a quick photo when her legs were posed in just the right spot, so it's modest enough to post :). This kid loves baths!!
In other news, I'm still feeling pretty terrible. It is so frustrating that I'm still having to deal with post-birth issues!! I finally broke down and called the Kaiser advice line Sunday after Eric's insistence and was told I may have an anal fissure. Horray. Just what I wanted to hear!
Enough about that. Here's another cute picture that I just had to share- Eric's mom always tells us how Eric used to suck on his middle fingers when he was a baby and I finally caught Natalie in the act!
Rock on baby, rock on! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment