Friday, July 15, 2011

34-35 Weeks

Just shy of Natalie’s 8-month birthday… we have a tooth! We’ve noticed little white bumps just under her gums for a while now, but one finally poked through on Sunday night! Her first official tooth is her top, front tooth on the right side.

Here’s a close up that she didn’t really appreciate me taking, but we’re just too excited! We’re almost positive that a bottom tooth is well on its way and will arrive very soon. Congratulations honeybuns!!

Natalie’s also started to truly babble- we can clearly make out “Ba,” “Da” and “Ga” sounds. She still prefers to grunt or screech, but when she starts saying syllables every now and then, it’s so fun to hear! Plus, she’s now a rolling champ, as I like to call her. She can easily roll from one side of the room to the other. We have to keep a closer eye on her now that she can move herself near edges and hard objects much faster- we’re hoping to avoid the emergency room for a while!

We’re getting really excited for our family trip coming up soon. I’ve been compiling a long packing list, since there are so many things to remember to bring! Traveling with a baby and all of her things should be interesting, and a great test-run for our big trip to Florida and Texas in September. I’ve been doing some shopping lately, or should I say, more so than lately! I love to shop for Natalie and dress her up. While we were out shopping for a baby gift for one of my friends, I found these adorable red sandals on clearance at babyGap and couldn’t pass them up. I love that store. They are going to match so many of her cute little outfits! Like her navy and red schoolgirl ensemble seen below, which was one of my favorite gifts from my baby shower nearly a year ago...

In other news, my new gardenia plant that I picked out and potted a few months ago has started to sprout blooms! I’m so excited! As I’ve mentioned many times, I’m no gardener. Eric cares for all of our plants and does a great job doing so. I had little hope that my tiny gardenia would give us any flowers at all this season, but I counted over 20(!) buds on their way. I just love having fresh gardenias in the house. They smell so lovely!





No comments:

Post a Comment