Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Natalie's Cousin is Here!


Congratulations to my beautiful sister and her new baby girl! Stacie Cosette arrived yesterday, April 5th at 3:13pm. She weighed in at 6 pounds, 11 ounces and 19.5 inches long. Baby and Mommy are both doing well.

Elaine was so ready to have this baby! And excited that she had made it to April- her due date was April 1st. Luckily Eric was able to get out of work a little early so we could head over to the hospital. We took Natalie for a nice stroller ride around the park while we waited. It was a beautiful day outside- a lovely day for a new baby! :)


About an hour after she was born, my Dad and I are were the first to greet the new family and hold the new baby. It was crazy for me to think that my little Natalie was just as small not so long ago! Her new little cousin definitely makes my baby look like a big girl now. Then Sally met us there and we visited for a little longer. I gave Elaine the painting I had been working on for my new niece- a piece to match her nursery (that is yet to be finished, as I still have to paint her name in the green rectangle area off to to right since they decided on the name after delivery). I think she liked it. Since Daddy and Natalie were waiting in the family waiting room (no babies allowed in labor and delivery), I decided it was time to go shortly after. Elaine looked tired and I knew she needed some down time before the next round of visitors made their way over.





When we peeked under her hat, Stacie had a little bit of wavy brown hair and her eyes looked grey-ish brown (she didn't have them open much while we were there). One thing we did notice was that her fingers and toes were so long! Elaine says they are courtesy of Andrew. And her cheeks were nice and chubby, even though she was so tiny. She let out a few little whimpers while we were there- so precious!


On our way home, we stopped by Elaine's house so I could pin up some balloons and a pink "It's a Girl" banner. I hope they last the next day or so until they get home! Congratulations to the new family! Natalie is so excited to meet her new cousin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment