Friday, May 6, 2011

24-25 Weeks

I’m very happy to report that Natalie has been napping fairly consistently for the past couple weeks! Since discovering that she likes to sleep on her tummy, I can easily put her down in her crib when she’s sleepy and she’ll drift off to sleep in about five to ten minutes. Plus, she’s settled nicely into a predictable morning-afternoon-evening nap routine, which is so nice. Happy mommy and happy baby!

We’ve also started placing in her crib for her first stretch of sleep at night, starting at about 8:30pm. I said a long time ago that she’d be sleeping in her crib by six months... and we’re getting there. She sleeps for a decent chunk of time in her crib before I hear her whining, so I drag myself out of bed to retrieve her from her crib and then bring her back to our bed for her early morning snack (and this is where she stays until we start our day). I’m going to miss sleeping next to my little lovebug. Yes, she squirms, kicks, grunts, and shoves me over to the end of the bed, but I still enjoy our cuddle time :)

Natalie’s been doing lots of new, exciting things lately. One thing that always makes me laugh is that she’s started yelling at the cats when she sees them or they walk by her. It kind of freaks them out, but it’s so cute to see her get so excited! Then she’ll try (often successfully) to grab a chunk of their fur. And then there’s the microwave- she is absolutely enthralled by it! In the morning when I heat a cup of milk or make my lunch in the afternoon, I help her push the keypad with her fingers and she gets the biggest thrill! Then she likes to watch the electronic timer count down until it beeps when complete. In fact, Natalie’s thrilled by most everything these days! She loves to grab at absolutely everything now!


Since she’s started to become so grabby lately, I’ve been spending some time researching a few developmental toys that she might enjoy. Sadly, I realized just recently that we have very few toys for her! So one of a couple new toys I picked out for her is this darling grocery set that includes an apple, a banana, a head of cabbage, an orange, and a carton of milk all packed into a soft, felt grocery tote. Each fruit has a different color, shape, texture, and sound. I just love it! Then I picked out her first tiny doll, which is a soft red-headed girl with blue eyes that also features different colors, textures, and sounds. Here she is exploring them- hopefully she’ll take a liking to them.


Natalie had her second playdate with Grandma this past Wednesday. I was so unorganized when Grandma arrived at our house- Eric had pulled his hamstring playing softball the night before, so that left me to straighten up the house and get all of baby’s things ready beforehand. Her bottles were yet to be prepared and I wasn’t even dressed for work when she knocked on our door! Plus, I had to install Natalie’s car seat base in Grandma’s car and fetch the stroller. So I was a little frazzled, but Grandma reported that she and Natalie had a great day together.

One evening while Eric was at work, we planted the grow kit from Natalie’s Easter basket that Auntie gave her. We did so indoors since it was chilly out. I have no idea what kind of seeds we planted, but we sowed them into the tiny pink flower pot and placed it outside on our bistro set, where it will hopefully get a good amount of sun. I’m no gardener, so we’ll see what happens!



Over the past week or so, I’ve been trying to think of something nice for Natalie to get her Grandma for Mother’s Day. I finally decided upon a photo mug from Kodak’s website. I picked my current favorite picture of Natalie from Easter and unfortunately, this is what came in the mail...


I’m so upset! My child looks like a blueberry!! I have no clue how the perfect picture I uploaded turned out so crappy! I called Kodak and requested a replacement, but unfortunately it won’t be here in time for Mother’s Day. Darn!!

In other project news, I completed Natalie’s fishie mobile. Here’s the final product. It was simple to put together and turned out rather well!

No comments:

Post a Comment