It seems Natalie has been sprouting new teeth on a weekly basis lately! We finally noticed that both bottom molars have poked their way through. So that’s exciting. We’re still working with her to chew her food, so hopefully these new teeth will help!
In other news, Natalie has figured out how to squirt water from her squirty bath toys- and often in our direction. She finds it very funny and always starts giggling the cutest giggle we’ve ever heard! It just melts our hearts. And just the other day, I was thrilled to stumble upon Natalie's first drawing! Unfortunately it just didn't land on paper... Apparently she found one of my eye pencils and decided to draw on the wall with it. But I wasn't even mad- I think I scared her a little with my gasp of excitement as I rushed to go get the camera (see photo below). I was so proud! When we move, I'm definitely not painting over it.
We still visit with Auntie and cousin every week or so, trading off houses. This week, Elaine and Stacie came to us and we exchanged little Valentine’s gifts. They picked out a cute little divided plate, matching bowl and water-filled sparkly cup for Natalie, which was perfect! I was just thinking that we should find a fork, spoon and plate set for her so she can start feeding herself. She’s so focused and orderly that she can take the straw out of a juice box and then re-insert it into the little hole all by herself. I think she’s just about ready to start feeding herself, so now we just need the utensils. For Stacie’s little gift, we found a darling Hello Kitty shirt and packed it into a little pink basket along with a book, a pair of tights and some candy. I think she liked them.
It’s always fun to watch the cousins play together and now that Stacie is crawling, they both get around a lot more. It’s funny though, because Natalie will stop and try to pull at Stacie, almost like she’s trying to encourage her to get up and walk like her! Soon enough they’ll be chasing each other all over the place. And then we’ll have another little one trying to keep up with the big girls. Exciting!
Speaking of new baby, I’ve been dealing with a recent dilemma concerning her name. Eric and I have chosen a name for her- we had a girl name in mind that we both liked and once we learned she was indeed a she, we kind of decided that would be it (and we’ve opted not to share, since we caved and found out the gender- all we will share is that the name selected is French). But, I’ve been having some second thoughts. Natalie was either going to be Natalie or Amelia, and we ended up choosing Natalie and decided to save the name Amelia for later, should we have another girl. Well, that name has been taken in the meantime- by Eric’s mom’s boyfriend’s son and his wife. Follow that? Basically, the name was given to Eric’s stepbrother’s kid, which has always kind of bothered me since I made our name options very clear (hence the other reason why we’ve chosen not to share our potential name choice!). I know you can’t really call “dibs” on names, but I’m still kind of bummed because I feel like I can’t use that name anymore. And that was the name I had in mind for a sister, should Natalie ever have one…
No comments:
Post a Comment