We went to my Dad and Sally’s place on Sunday night for a little farewell dinner for Dave, BreeAnne and their kids- they’re moving back to Sacramento. It was fun to watch Natalie and Stacie play together and catch up with the family. Dad and Sally said they’re still searching for a lakehouse rental for our annual summer family vacation (which we’re already looking forward to!). New baby will be only 3 months old when we go, but I’m not too worried. I already bought her her very first outfit- a cute little newborn size swimsuit from babyGap! It was only $5 on clearance, so I couldn’t pass it up.
I had my 22 week check-up last week, on January 30th. It was a pretty uneventful visit- they just took my weight and blood pressure, made me pee in a cup and then my doctor listened for baby’s heartbeat and chatted with me for a few minutes. It was one of the quickest visits I think I’ve had. So, to date, I’ve gained about 7 pounds so far with this pregnancy. I don’t remember what my weight gain was with Natalie at this point, but I think I’m well on track. I definitely have a little round bump now. I’ve yet to have a stranger approach me and ask when I’m due, but people at work and such have been commenting about how I’ve “popped.”
I feel decent enough, which I’m thankful for. But I’ve started to get heartburn here and there and my lower back is often sore. And then I still throw up in the mornings about once a week, which is odd- it’s still brought on by brushing my teeth, every time! But other than these things, I don’t really have many complaints. I feel baby moving around in there, so she must be happy.
Natalie’s growing and learning like crazy. One thing she’s been doing that just melts your heart is when she excitedly makes her way to the front door when she hears one of us unlock the door. That’s always a nice thing to come home to! A lovely baby excited to meet you. It will be so neat when both girls can do that. It makes you feel special when they’ve obviously missed you that day and are just happy to see you again.
We’re still waiting for the next real word to pop out of Natalie’s mouth. I’ve been working with her a lot to call out whatever she points to (she points to everything now) and we’ve also been practicing body parts names and pointing to them, like nose, ears and belly button. We think she’ll catch on soon. She definitely understands a lot- when we say “it’s time to eat” or “let’s go for a bath,” she knows exactly what we’re talking about. It’s unreal how much they really do understand!
In other news, Eric applied for a sheriff’s dispatcher job and is scheduled to test for it next week. So that’s kind of exciting. It’s still with the county, so he would probably be able to transfer his benefits and whatnot, which would be great. We’ll have to see how it goes. I try not to get my hopes up anymore when he applies and interviews/tests for a job, simply because he gets turned down every time it seems. It would be a great change for him and for us- it might even make it possible for me to stay at home with the kids. The thought of our current schedule with two little ones just might push us over the edge! We’re tired enough as it is. I always try to remind myself that Eric has the worst of it, since he works staggered shifts and watches the baby every single day he has off. I know it’s not easy and I know he’s exhausted. If I was able to be at home and he had a regular working schedule, I think it would be a lot easier on both of us. And give us more time to spend together as a family. That would be the best part.
No comments:
Post a Comment