Eric and I went to Peter and Lisa’s annual Hearts Party over the weekend- we attended last year, but I had to leave early with Natalie. But this year, I actually got to play! JoEllen and Patrick came over to babysit for a couple hours so we could go. I was a little nervous about leaving someone other than Eric or myself to put Natalie down for bed, but she did okay.
The party was a lot of fun, even though I lost in the first round rather terribly. Unfortunately I was seated with Eric, Andre and Peter, who are all very competitive and much better players than I. So it was inevitable that I lost… but at least there was a second round and I was a winner among the losers! Complete with consolation prize. Sadly, Eric did not win the crown for the second year in a row- Peter’s sister Amy was crowned champion in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment